Family Support Worker
30 hours per week - Applications for job share are welcomed.
Salary £12,948 pa. Funded by Children in Need.
We have received grant funding from Children in Need.
We are looking for a Specialist Family Support Worker who has:
- Proven experience of working with children and families in a home-visiting capacity.
- Experience of working with partner organisations and referrers across the Borough of Corby
- Ability to respond to the needs of children and families and advocate for their voices to be heard.
- Experience of working in a group capacity and understanding of facilitating training.
- Ability to produce reports to a deadline and monitor and evaluate work.
- Ability to follow-up referrals ensuring children and families are able to access services which they would benefit from and an ability to support with areas such as cooking on a budget or engaging with services returning to work.
- Experience of multi-agency meetings (eg. Early Help Assessments, Child in Need)
- An understanding of the needs of families who may experience disadvantage in the community.
- An understanding of healthy lifestyle choices for children and families.
- Experience of arranging trips, outings and events and risk assessing these for safety.
- Ability to work under own initiative and as member of a team.
- Knowledge and experience of safeguarding policies and procedures
- Ability to engage with the scheme’s administration, monitoring and financial systems for the benefit of children and their families.
Experience of working with families is essential – NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification required and knowledge of the EHA process and Safeguarding.
This position offers the opportunity to become involved with a variety of aspects of the scheme which may involve some weekend and evening hours.
For further details, an informal chat or to request an application pack, please contact Maggie Mackay on 01536 409612 or e-mail email@example.com.
Closing Date: 18/07/2019
CV’s are not accepted
Disclosure and Barring Service check at enhanced level will be required for this post.
Copyright . Registered Charity Number: 1109674